Foothills manufacture world-class wear solutions with a reputation for providing some of the best wear life in the Industry.
Foothills Steel Foundry have a casting capacity ranging from 50 grams to 9,000kg, and volume capable of producing 500,000kg per month. Our other in-house facilities include metallurgy, heat treatment, machining, welding and assembly.
We offer a full range of foundry services, covering
- Digital Measuring – CMM
- Faro and Creaform laser digital profiling
- Solidworks CAD modelling and drawing
- Sand and investment casting pattern making
- Chemical and Physical Metallurgy
- Gas Spectrometer and Digital chemical analysis
- Hardness, Toughness testing
- Crack testing
- Mold design and construction
- Full casting facility – 50 grams to 9,000kg
- Heat treatment capabilities for all castings produced.
- Digital Heat treatment ovens
- Water (constant flow) and Oil quench
- Rapid air cooling
- Machining capabilities for all sizes and alloys
- Vertical boring mills
- Table planers
- CNC lathes
- Ability to machine hardened alloys, and alloys that work-harden