Extend the life of your wear plates and reduce downtime with Foothills Bi Metallic plates
Mild steel plate with a high percentage of chromium carbide weld overlay making it much harder and up to 10 x longer lasting
Typical applications of Bimetallic Wear Plates include wear protection for abrasive surfaces such as:
- Dump truck linings
- Chute Linings
- Dump & Crusher Hoppers
- Crusher Chutes/Bars
- Dozer blade shovels
- Transport bins
- Dragline buckets & Shovels
- Excavator liners
- Wear Aprons/Pads
- Dump Hoppers & Crusher Hoppers
- Surge Bin & Bucket & Trough Liners
- Rock Box & Hopper Edges/Liners
- Rolling Mill Guides
- Jaw Crusher Check Plates
- Skid Plates
- Skip& Loader& Truck Bed Liners
- Lip& Adaptor Protectors
- Screen Plates
- Coal Transfer& Tripper Chutes
Extend the life of your equipment with a Foothills Bi Metallic Plate
- Cr:24-32% (chromium carbide)
- 3mm deflection over the length of the plate making it very flat
- Abrasion resistant
- Mild steel plate with chromium carbide weld overlay applied
- Tested to ASTM G65-16 Method A
will find that it is very easy to work with on the reverse side.
The Chromium Carbide weld overlay on the wear side increases the hardness
and impact resistance which means that your wear plates last longer, reducing
your ongoing maintenance schedule and costs as a result.
Our plates come in a variety of thicknesses to suit your application and can be
customised upon request. We can control the thickness of the layer to reach the
overall performance requirements, no matter what you are trying to achieve.
- Weld deposits are high % chromium carbide making the plate much harder than most other wear part materials
- Bi metallic matrix make the wear plate harder on the wear side whilst maintain weld ability, work ability on the reverse side
- Specific overlay vs base material thickness to reach optimum overall performance requirements
- Reduce downtime on site
- Longer wear life for you wear parts
- Reduce maintenance costs
- Out lasts other steel wear plates by up to 10 times
- Easy to install
- Comes in Standard plate sizes of 2100mm x 3500m
- Can be cut and formed to any custom size
- Ex stock in Australia
Our Bi Metallic plates have been manufactured with our automated welding equipment. We use 4 Open Arc Welders and 2 Submerged Arc Welders.
Our capacity is over 30000 m²/ year.
We have two types of Bi Metallic Plates on offer:
- Bimetallic Chromium Carbide Overlay Wear Resistant Plate made by Submerged-arc technology
- Bimetallic Chromium Carbide Overlay Wear Resistant Plate made by Open-arc technology
Foothills Canada gets great results with Bi Metallic plates – so now its time for the Australian launch.
“We launched our Bi Metallic plates into Canada around six months ago and the Canadian market has rapidly made the switch from standard plates to Bi metallic plates. The most frequent comment we get is that their equipment simply last longer with our plates installed. So we are bringing the innovation to Australia with the hope that the Australian market will reap the rewards from introducing these plates to their equipment. Less downtime means more profit and our Canadian customers love that.”
Matt Irving – Foothills Canada
Submerged arc welding is a welding method using arc as heat source. Welding arc is in a layer of granular flux can be melted under the cover of electric arc burning, not exposed.
The Current density of this progress is very high,Welding bead can adjust according to thickness.
Chemical Composition of the weld overlay:
Fe and others: balance.
- Actual chemistry will vary with overlay thickness.
- The hardness is a composite of hard chromium carbides and tough austenitic matrix.
- The hardness can vary depending on the thickness of the overlay.Impact Resistance:
- Will withstand continuous moderate impact.
- Custom overlays can be formulated to withstand higher impact.